Entering from the cockpit though a sliding glass door on the aft bulkhead, the pilothouse is a fully enclosed space with both form and function. To starboard is the steering station and all controls, displays, and instrumentation. Just to port of centerline is the companionway to the main salon, which can be closed off with a sliding hatch and double doors that hinge and pocket away. Outboard to port is a chart table with drawers and ancillary electronics. The console has an anigre face with vinyl trim and top. Two Stidd Admiral low-back helm chairs are installed at the starboard console. Aft on raised platforms are an 'L'-shaped seating area with table to port, and an athwartships bench seat with small table to starboard. Secure storage is located beneath this settee. There are four large opening hatches in the roof and six drop-down pilothouse windows, four aft and one on each side. Joinery below the windows is anigre, the overhead is vinyl, the upholstery is leather, and the floor is teak with anigre inlays.
Full width main salon with 'L'-shaped settee port and starboard. Dining table on port side, with three chairs, seats eight if there is a person at each end of the table. Coffee table at settee on starboard side, server with entertainment center above and crockery storage below at forward starboard side, small bar with bottle and glass storage at aft port side. Salon table top is Maple burl. Coffee table, server and bar tops are granite with stainless steel fiddle rails. Furniture is anigre, leather upholstery, carpeted floor with vinyl overhead. Two large opening overhead hatches and side windows (fitted with curtains) provide natural light.
Owner & Guest Accommodations
Aft passageway has a carpeted floor, anigre doors and paneling with maple trim and full length stainless steel handrail. Courtesy lights are provided throughout the aft quarters.
Two almost identical guest staterooms with large double berth and divan that will convert to a single berth. Each stateroom has a large hanging locker, bureau and night stand with plenty of drawer space. Two large opening portlights, with Roman shades, provide natural light while multiple dimmable light fixtures, direct and indirect, provide supplemental illumination. The tops of the bureau and night stand are granite with stainless steel fiddles; the divan and headboard are leather; wall surfaces are anigre with several mirrors; the floor is carpeted and the overhead vinyl. The guest baths have a porcelain sink in a granite countertop, glass shower doors, granite tiled floors, Plam wall surfaces and overhead, and a large opening port with curtains.
The master stateroom has a central king-size berth with night stands on each side. There is a settee to port and a bureau with several drawers and additional storage space to starboard, with hanging lockers in both aft, outboard corners. The forward end of the stateroom has two large closets and a mirrored vanity with built-in television and entertainment center above, hidden behind pocket doors. Finishes include anigre, granite with stainless steel and leather. The large bureau has a maple burl top and the aft bulkhead is mirrored, creating the illusion of a much bigger room. There are two large opening portlights with Roman shades on each port and starboard side. Multiple, direct and indirect, lighting groups are provided and controlled from either the entry or night stands. The master bath has two porcelain sinks in a granite counter, granite tile floor, Plam wall surfaces and overhead, and a large opening portlight with curtains. A large shower enclosure features a Corian floor, glass door and dedicated lighting.
An emergency escape hatch is situated in the starboard aft corner.
Ship's Office/Radio Room
The ship's office is located just forward of the port guest stateroom. It has a large chart table and chair. This room houses all long range communications, weather and navigational equipment. The walls are covered with acoustical ribbed fabric for sound clarity, joinery is Plam with maple trim, leather upholstery, carpeted floor and vinyl overhead. There is a large opening portlight to port.
Forward of the galley to port is the Captain's cabin which has a double berth with drawers, drop storage, hanging locker, TV and DVD player, and opening portlight. The captain's cabin has an ensuite head with an enclosed shower and opening portlight. Opposite the captain's cabin is the crew mess with U-shaped leather upholstered dinette, TV/VIS monitor, sailing instrumentation and audio controls. There are two opening portlights for light and ventilation. A ladder accesses the deck through a large, centerline hatch. Forward are two double cabins with upper and lower berths. Each cabin has drawers, a hanging locker, stereo at each berth, fixed portlight, and deck hatch. The port cabin has an ensuite head with separate shower and the starboard cabin also has its own head and shower.
Materials throughout the crew accommodation are Plam walls, maple with anigre inlays floors, and vinyl overhead and hull ceilings.
Located forward of the main salon is the full beam galley. To port is a stainless steel countertop with integral sink and to starboard is a U-shaped counter with granite top with stainless steel double sink. There are two opening hatches overhead, tinted portlights port and starboard, and a commercial exhaust fan in the overhead. Wall surfaces are Plam with maple trim.
- Lang Marine Range, 4-burner range and oven, stainless steel
- Custom stainless steel broiler mounted over stove
- Panasonic microwave (2014)
- Scotsman DC33PA icemaker
- Merco EZFW-18 food warmer
- GE 3/4hp garbage disposal on both sinks
- Zanussi refrigerator (2005)
- KitchenAid stainless steel refrigerator (2007)
- Whirlpool freezer (2014)
- Custom refrigeration in utility space outside engine room - 32 cu ft freezer and 29 cu ft refrigerator with stainless steel holdover plates, stainless steel liners, fully adjustable shelves, thermometers, and alarms (2007)
- Coffee maker, toaster oven, toaster, etc.
- True refrigerator located in cockpit (2014)
- 2 x Maytag washer/dryer (2014)
Hull & Deck
The foredeck has anchoring equipment, crew access and ventilation hatches; all with spray dodgers. A dorade box on the foredeck also houses air, electrical and anchor winch pendant outlets.
A bench seat with stowage under for passerelle is recessed between the wings of the cabin house. There is a large locker in the port side cabin house is for side ladder stowage plus dive and snorkel equipment. Full length stainless steel handrails run down each side of both the cabintop and pilothouse roof.
The aft cockpit is enclosed by coamings with pocketing doors. The steering station at the aft end is raised for excellent visibility, has a full width seat and large instrument console.
The middle cockpit has comfortable seating for eight at a large fold-down table. A refrigerator and small sink are provided on the starboard side, while life jackets stowage is in lockers to port and starboard. Controls for the hydraulic winches are recessed throughout the cockpit, together with rig hydraulic controls and instrument readouts.
Hull and deckhouse is finished with AwlGrip; bottom is a custom mix of blue and black CF antifouling, topsides are matterhorn white, deckhouse is matterhorn white. The main deck, cockpit floor and cabintop are laid teak (without fastenings).
Engine & Mechanical
Access to the engine room is via companionway stairs in the crew mess. The engine room is sound isolated with a full package designed by EAR and upgraded in 2007 by Soundown, comprising acoustic tile, sound barrier material and fiberglass insulation. An emergency escape hatch is located at the aft end of the engine room.
- Twin (2) Deutz-MWM D234 V8, naturally aspirated diesel main engines, 249hp @ 2100rpm
- ZF reverse reduction gears, with live PTOs
- ZF electronic controls for main engines (2007)
- Two (2) Hundested VP-4 with electronic controls, 34" 3-blade, fully feathering, variable pitch propellers (serviced 2017)
- Spurs cutters on propellers
- Propeller shafts pulled Nov. 2017
- Cutlass bearings replaced 2017
- Naiad HPS-16L hydraulic bow and stern thrusters (serviced 2014 & 2015)
- MarineAir Air Conditioning with VFD's (Complete system upgrade - 2007, including new compressors and air handlers; new salt water circulation pump 2010; new chilled water pump 2015)
- Two (2) SeaRecovery 450 watermakers (2007; new boost pumps 2015)
- Two (2) fresh water pumps with fresh water manifold with filters
- Fresh water expansion tank (2012)
- Two (2) hot water heaters (new 2014) with three (3) circulating pumps for instant hot water as each faucet
- Tecma SilentPlus toilets w/ fresh water flush (2007)
- Quincy 5hp AC air compressor and Quincy DC air compressor, two accumulator tanks, Filenco dryer and lubricators
- Dive compressor in laz with four (4) dive bottles and scuba gear
- Two (2) fuel pumps with manifold and Alfa Laval separator for moving and conditioning fuel
- HPS (now NAIAD) Hydraulic power pack with two (2) 5hp DC motors for deck winches, furling units and dinghy lift
- HPS (now NAIAD) Hydraulic power pack for anchor machinery and thrusters
- Clean & Dirty Lube Oil Tanks - 100 gallons each, with quick fit connections to all engines
- Spare Hydraulic Oil Tanks - 115 gallons (2 tanks)
- All Fresh, Grey and Black Water Tanks professionally cleaned June 2015
Three (3) quadrant steering system, designed for pure feel during sailing
- Center quadrant for hand steering is wire and chain system, providing ultimate feel while under sail
- Lower quadrant for autopilot steering
- Upper quadrant for emergency steering
- Two (2) hydraulic steering motors (replaced 2019)
Rudder and steering system removed and serviced 2016. Rudder shafts, bearings, and propellers restored & cleaned 2015.
- Northern Lights Gensets -- Two (2) M50T13L, 50kW (July 2015)
- Northern Lights Genset -- M844LWE, 20kW (July 2015)
- Single phase, 60Hz, 240v/120v AC system
- 12v/24v DC system
- One (1) shore power connection through 25kVA multi-tap isolation transformers
- All Batteries are gel cells, with monitored charging circuits and automatic cutout:
- House bank - 8X12 Volt Lifeline AGM in series / parallel to make 24VDC
- Communication bank -6 (600ah @ 12v) (2014)
- Port & Stbd Start bank - 8 (1000ah @ 24v) (2014)
- 20kw Start bank - 1 x Vetus (105ah @ 12v) (2014)
- One (1) Mastervolt 24V/75A charger (replaced 2019) for house batteries
- One (1) Victron Skylla 24/100 charger (2019)
- One (1) Victron 24V/30A battery charger for start batteries (2014)
- Two (2) Promariner Pronautic 12/30 battery chargers for comms batteries (2019)
- One (1) Victron 12V/20A battery charger for 20kw start battery (replaced with new generator 2015)
- Leese-Neville alternators; 200A, 100A, 45A
- One (1) Victron 24/120A inverter (2018)
- Main AC and DC distribution panels with selector switches, emergency start, etc.
- Six (6) custom subpanels to handle load distribution. Radio room panel has sub-section to provide emergency switching to alternate power source for essential navigation/communication items.
- General - Cantaluppi custom fixtures with dimmable, Halogen bulbs; 24V
- Emergency - 24vDC, red and white throughout
- Misc. - Over-counter lights in all work spaces, courtesy lighting throughout and on deck is 24vDC
Electronics & Navigation
- Main engine and genset instrumentation (engine room, pilothouse, helm station)
- Electrical monitoring of all batteries, alternators, charger outputs, and shore power
- Tank level monitoring - Marstron (new 2020)
- Fire and smoke alarms
- Independent intrusion alarms
- System operating levels, etc.
- Autopilots - Simrad AP25 (2007), Simrad AP70 (2014)
- Trimble 10X Loran/GPS w/ 2 heads
- Compass - 1 x Plath Venus, 1 x Plastimo
- Simrad GPS Satellite compass (2014)
- Simrad fluxgate compass (2007)
- KVH fluxgate compass (2014)
- Two (2) Furuno GP32 GPS (2007)
- Furuno FA150 AIS (2007)
- Two (2) Furuno WeatherFax (one new 2014)
- Furuno Navtex receiver (2007)
- One (1) Furuno FAR-28x7 radar, 96nm
- 17" display in cockpit w/ inter switch for radar or electronic chart displays
- Skanti TRP 8407-D 400w SSB radio
- Icom IC-M800 150w SSB radio w/ two heads
- Kenwood R-5000 SSB radio
- Sailor C403A full duplex VHF radio w/ three stations
- Icom VHF w/ DSC in cockpit
- Icom IC-504 VHF radio w/ DSC in pilothouse (2012)
- Standard LH-10 hailer w/ three horns
- Dell computer w/ 19" monitor in pilothouse with electronic chart system (2014)
- Dell computer in radio room connected to Iridium satellite system and Furuno
- WeatherFax (2007)
- Maretron system with LCJ ultrasonic sensor at main mast top (2019) - wind speed & wind direction
- Furuno depth and temperature transducer with two displays
- Sea temp, air temp and barometric pressure sensors
- Heel angle sensor
- 2 x analog wind displays
- 2 x rudder angle indicators
- Two (2) 300lb CQR anchors, self-stowing on stainless steel carriages in bow troughs
- Each anchor fitted w/ 330ft of 14mm high-strength chain (2015)
- 2 x Maxwell VWC-5000 vertical hydraulic windlasses with chain stoppers, claws, etc.
- Fortress FZ-125 and 220lb Luke Breakdown Anchor stored in laz
- Twin 7"x 20" stainless steel bollards mounted on foredeck
- 12 x 15" stainless steel cleats
- 8 x Goiot deck hatches
- 6 x Rondal flush deck hatches
- All accommodation hatches are fitted with bug screen, blackout and sun shade
- Custom Aluminum davits, powered by two, two-speed Pullmaster hydraulic motors
- Folding, aluminum passerelle
- One boarding ladder and one swim ladder
- Bimini (2007)
- Large cockpit awning which covers mizzen boom
- Smaller awning which partly covers the arch and aft over the laz
- Covers for all deck hatches and windlasses
- Covers for both tenders
- Covers for helm station and forward pilothouse windows
Sail Handling Equipment
- Full complement of custom stainless steel hardware by Harken
- Main and mizzen mast furlers driven by hydraulic motors (serviced 2019/2020)
- Reckmann HF300 genoa furler (rebuilt 2014)
- Reckmann HF200 staysail furler (rebuilt 2014)
- Winches and hydraulic system by Barient; two (2) 5hp 24vDC motors supply three (3) manifolds through Aeroquip plumbing
- 2 x System 19-3STS hydraulic primary winches
- 2 x 737-3STS hydraulic mainsheet winches
- 737-3STS hydraulic main outhaul winch
- 2 x 737-3STS hydraulic staysail sheet winches
- 2 x 737-3STS main runner winches
- 737-3STS hydraulic mainmast halyard winch
- 5 x 37-STS mainmast halyard winches
- 2 x 737-STS mizzen halyard, sheet and outhaul winches
Spars, Sails & Rigging
- All spars by Offshore Spars
- Main and mizzen mast are custom tapered, Aluminum, roller furling extrusions (mizzen painted 2014, main painted 2020)
- Main and mizzen booms are custom tapered, Aluminum extrusions (painted 2014)
- Custom Harken roller bearing cars for main and mizzen clew outhauls and whisker pole
- Whisker pole
- All sails are by top lofts
- Doyle Main 1620 sq. ft. - Dacron (2011) serviced (2019
- Doyle Mizzen - Dacron (2011) serviced (2018)
- Doyle Genoa 1950 sq. ft. - Dacron (2014)
- North Staysail - Dacron
- North MPS and Mizzen Staysail
- North Storm Trysail
- Standing rigging is Navtec rod, is discontinuous and attached with stainless steel tip cups and titanium micro-tangs (replaced 2007; mizzen rods surveyed 2014)
- Running rigging is New England Ropes and Gleistein
Navtec Hydraulic System
- 2 x -60 main backstay cylinders (serviced 2014)
- -90 main vang cylinder (serviced 2017)
- -22 mizzen vang cylinder (serviced 2014)
- System VI panel and pump w/ 3-valve in aft cockpit
- 2 x quick release for main vang, at each helm station
- Nouvarania 14' hard-bottomed inflatable with Yamaha 60hp (2008), 4-stroke outboard
- 1 x Switlik, 6-man life raft (2007)
- 2 x Survival Technologies MOM 8
- EPIRB 406Mhz ACR Rapid Fix
- SART McMurdo (2014)
- First Aid kit with oxygen
- 27 x Life jackets with lights and whistles
- Flares and smoke floats (2014)
- SOLAS training manuals and life saving signals
- Code Flags