Major Upgrades & Maintenance
- 2016 - Imron hull paint, Flag Blue, covering the original Flag Blue gelcoat.
- 2018 - OceanAir custom fitted shades on salon and master stateroom ports.
- 2018 - Custom bedding for master stateroom.
- 2019 - New Elvstrom mainsail.
- 2019 - New bimini and side curtains.
- 2019 - New West Marine 9' collapsible dinghy.
- 2019 - New 6HP Tohatsu outboard motor.
- 2020 - New in-mast furling motor & control.
- 2018 - Replaced engine exhaust elbow & tachometer.
- 2018 - Shop cleaned engine heat exchanger, flushed cooling system & new antifreeze.
- 2018 - Top-coated toe rail with 2 coats of Epiphanes, repaired damaged areas.
- 2019 - Replaced generator raw water pump.
- 2019 - Revarnished cockpit table & drink holder with 3 coats of Epiphanes
- 2019 - Sanded bottom & 2 coats of bottom paint, replaced zincs, Propspeed on running gear, waxed hull & repainted bow at waterline
- 2019 - Varnished deck grab rails, cockpit fiddles, & companionway hatch
- 2020 - Complete refrigeration service, new seals & coolant.
- 2020 - Stripped toe rail to bare wood & applied 14 coats of Awlbrite.
- 2020 - Varnished deck grab rails & cockpit fiddles with 2 coats of Epiphanes
- 2020 - Bottom sanded & 2 coats of bottom paint, replaced zincs, Propspeed on running gear, waxed hull, compounded and waxes topsides.
- Fischer Panda 8kW Genset
- Mastervolt 130A High Output alternator with three stage regulator
- Xantrex ProSine 2.0 Inverter/Charger
- Mastervolt IVO Smart 50A secondary charger
- Mastervolt generator battery charger
- Engine bank 2x LifeLine 31 210ah total (2017)
- Generator bank 1x LifeLine 31 105ah total (2017)
- Windlass/Thruster bank 1x Mastervolt SL 200ah
- Three AGM batteries for house bank located under aft berth.
- 8D AGM battery for engine starting under aft end of dinette with dedicated 60A alternator.
- Lewmar DU120 1/4hp autopilot drive for Mamba system
- Bow Thruster/Windlass battery 8D AGM located forward under berth
- Two zone CruiseAir Reverse Cycle AC/Heat with digital controls and dehumidifier. 12k BTU split system forward for salon, forward cabin and head.
- Spectra Cape Horn 12V 15gph water maker
- Vacuflush heads with separate tanks and macerator pumps
Note regarding engine hours, original engine tachometer replaced at 1201 hours. Hours since replacement 264 as noted by new tachometer. Maintenance history available. Current engine hours 1465, generator hours 505.
German Frer's designed the H46 hull with a fine modern entry. The wide beam carries well aft allowing the yacht to surf above her hull speed. This also creates a spacious aft master cabin. The wide sugar-scoop stern offers great deck storage for dive gear as well as easy access to the water for swimming and boarding the dinghy. Well balanced and supported by a partial skeg, the deep spade rudder creates a fun sporty feel under sail.
The hull of the Hylas 46 is completely hand laid solid fiberglass with 8 longitudinal stringers tied to each frame and bulkhead providing an unusually strong seamless monolithic structure in excess of A.B.S. standards. Watertight bulkheads fore and aft. The keel is externally bolted lead using 12 solid stainless steel 1 3/8" bolts with backing plates. The distance between the rudder and keel is measured by design to provide excellent directional stability and balance. The semi-skegged rudder provides for a solid combination of strength, protection, and performance. The bottom of the rudder is 6" higher than the low point of the keel providing protection for the rudder in the event of a grounding.
- Solid hand-laid fiberglass with no core using vinyl ester resins and Isophthalic gel coat
- Watertight collision bulkhead forward of forward cabin with independent overboard drainage
- Watertight Stern sections across aft lazarettes and stern locker
- Divided Anchor Locker with separate section for fenders and dock lines
- Large Stern lazarettes, port and starboard with dual Bailey latches for watertight seal
- Stern Garage with dedicated Rule Auto bilge pump with manual over ride in cockpit
- Semi skeg-hung rudder for optimizing performance, strength and protection
- Bottom of rudder plane is above the keel plane for grounding safety
Specifics of 'Solstice'
- Custom Dupont Imron Flag Blue paint in 2016
- Shoal draft keel drawing 5' 5" (great for the Chesapeake, ICW, and Bahamas!)
- Side Power 95KFG Bow Thruster
- Lewmar Mamba steering system (direct linkage from helm to rudder and also incorporates the autopilot drive, no cables to stretch or snap and no hydraulics to leak!)
The deck is fiberglass sandwich construction with balsa core. Solid GRP fiberglass in all areas of the deck for deck fittings and stress areas. The deck is bonded to the hull with 3M 5200 epoxy and thru bolted every 5" with backing plates.
- Molded non-skid deck in linen beige
- Solid stainless stem head fitting with split bow anchor rollers
- Solid Stainless striker plates for bow protection
- Maxwell 2200 windlass with deck and helm controls
- Twin Lewmar Delta anchors with separate rodes. Primary anchor all chain, secondary chain to rope.
- Salt water wash down pump for anchor wash down
- Two pair of stainless steel 12" bow cleats, pair of 12" midship cleats and one pair of 12" stern cleats
- Stern rails extended to mid-ship gates; 30" high stanchions with double lifelines
- Manship 316 stainless overhead hatches and ports throughout
- Teak Handrails on foredeck coach roof and aft coach roof
- Stainless steel companionway handrails
- Stainless steel boarding ladder that mounts at port/starboard lifeline gates
- Whitlock Pedestal with Navpod and Ritchie 5" Compass
- Teak varnished cockpit table with teak drink holders
- Four stainless cowl vents, one pair forward and one pair aft
- Stainless protective stern plate
- Hot and cold freshwater shower on stern
- Fold down stainless stern ladder
- Inner Forestay Chain plate for optional inner forestay
Specifics of 'Solstice'
- Sail/Anchor Locker forward for large deck access. Separate partitioned areas for two anchor rodes and storage.
- Teak caprail (just refinished with 14 coats of Awlbrite - 2020)
- Teak rubrail with stainless steel striker protection
- Wichard pad-eyes, three total. Two forward end of cockpit on port and starboard, one located center behind helm.
- Cockpit port light forward end of galley.
- Solid companionway hatch boards with dark lexan.
- Two aft opening ports.
- Teak handrails, varnished.
- Stern lifeline rails extended to midship gates.
- Teak decking in cockpit sole and cockpit seating.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Centerline stern cleat.
- Navy Blue canvas covers for hatches, grab rails, and spinnaker pole.
- Winslow 6 person liferaft (due for service)
Sails & Rigging
The rig is a two spreader Selden spar with alloy boom and semi-rigid boom vang is stepped through the deck. The mast is supported by 1 x 19 stainless steel wire and attached to stainless steel chain plates. Mainsail furling is in-mast. The mast and deck are pre-set for the installation of a staysail furler or removable staysail for use as a cutter rig.
- Selden anodized double spreader mast, with in-mast electric furling
- Selden Boom with internal preventer system; Rodkicker vang
- A true 'Blue Water' cruising rig with large, wire cap shrouds, forward and aft lowers
- Deck level standing rigging terminates with Sta-lok fittings
- Furlex 400 Series Roller Furling Forestay
- Primary and secondary Main halyards, primary and secondary Genoa halyards, Spin halyard
- Halyard Bales on forward dorades
- Antal electric primary winches, port and starboard, increased to Antal 60 2-speed size, the same as fitted to a Hylas 54.
- Antal W48 Secondaries
- Antal W44 Mainsheet, Coachroof, and Mast Halyard Winches
- Electric in-mast furling (motor and control replaced - 2020)
- Selden carbon fiber spinnaker pole with V-Stow Pack for mast mounting with Sunbrella cover
- Elvstrom Mainsail (2019) and 135% Genoa (refreshed UV cover) with Sunbrella cover
- Doyle APC cruising spinnaker
Electronics & Helm
- Raymarine E80 MFD
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed, Wind, Depth displays
- Icom CommandMic
- Side Power Thruster Joystick
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Raymarine E80
- Icom M604 VHF
- Alpine IVA-W505 Stereo
- Raymarine dome radar mounted on mast
- Raymarine AIS250 Transceiver
- Hailer horn mounted on mast
- Interior rugs except for galley runner.
- Personal belongings.