The interior of the Hylas 46 has been thoughtfully arranged for comfort, mobility, and storage. This design is now timeless, as many have now attempted to copy the Hylas layout design, but only Hylas can do it to such perfection.
The salon is arranged with a port U-shaped settee and table. The table maybe lowered to form a berth, and the table center leaf of the table maybe removed and conveniently stored inside the lower portion of the table itself. There is also an ottoman that is adjustable by tracks on the floor, this doubles as another seat at the table, or could be used a low coffee table for the starboard settee! The starboard settee can be pulled out to form a sea berth. There are also two lockers above each settee and a book shelf under the portlights port and starboard. Behind the settee cushions are storage lockers and below the port settee is mechanical and electric access. There is a nice storage locker under the starboard settee.
- Two zone air conditioning with reverse cycle heat.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD Player with speakers and amplifier and CD changer.
- Samsung flatscreen TV and DVD player built into shelving with hide-away door. TV antenna mounted on mast.
Forward of the salon is the guest stateroom. This private stateroom comes with fitted with an en-suite head and plenty of storage. The berth is a Pullman on the Port side, while on Starboard there are two hanging lockers and a locker with shelves. Above the berth is more storage, including two custom fitted bookshelves. Below the berth is much more storage in drawers and access to batteries and the forward air conditioner.
- Custom book shelves.
- Two hanging lockers and another locker with shelves.
- Storage cubbies.
- Pullman berth with foam mattress.
- Three stainless steel opening port lights.
- Large Manship deck hatch with bug screen and canvas cover.
- Separate fan unit for air conditioner in forward cabin, variable fan speed.
In the forepeak is a large head, private to the forward stateroom. To starboard there is a vanity with sink and four mirrors with storage behind. Beneath the sink is access to the head thru-hulls and the manual waste discharge pump for the holding tank. The head is manually operated. To port there are two lockers and forward there is a large storage locker for tools or sails. There is also an electric shower sump pump.
- Manual flush pump toilet.
- Whale manual waste pump with removable handle.
- Manship deck ventilation hatch with bug screen and canvas cover.
- Teak floor grate with shower sump pump.
- Hot/Cold shower with flip down teak seat.
- Storage lockers.
- Anchor windlass and bow thruster master disconnect switches.
- Shower curtain track (curtain not installed).
A real, stand up head room aft cabin with centerline queen bed. His and her sides, which vanity and pop up mirror on port. Three large lockers with shelves and hanging. Multiple storage cabinets and drawers. Under the bed is the aft water tank and steering gear access.
- 10,000 BTU air conditioner with reverse cycle heat, SMX II control.
- Two 12V fans.
- Large deck hatch and two opening port lights.
- Full length mirror behind cabin door.
The aft head is nicely appointed with a separate shower stall, vanity with mirrors, and an extra large storage cabinet.
- Manual flush toilet.
- Sink with hot/cold.
- Mirrors with storage behind.
- Opening port light for ventilation.
- Shower with flip down teak seat.
- Extra large storage locker that can be converted to fit a washing machine.
One of the hallmarks of the Hylas design is the galley. This area forms the starboard passage to the aft cabin. It is a full length passageway design, this incorporates a generous counter top and two large refrigeration units that top and front load.
- Inboard, over the engine counter space and double basin stainless steel sink. Mixed with pull out for sprayer.
- Force10 3-burner stove and oven with broilers. Gimballed. Counter top cover for when not in use. Stainless steel safety bar.
- Built in cutting board.
- Hidden trash receptacle.
- Built in knife storage.
- Grunert sea-water cooled holding plate refrigerator and freezer.
- Under deck dry storage.
- Multiple storage drawers and cabinets.
Mechanical & Plumbing
- Air conditioner for salon and forward cabin. 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle. Split unit with separate compressor and fan unit. Forward cabin fan unit speed adjustable. Main fan unit and temperature controlled from salon SMX II control.
- Air conditioner for aft cabin. 10,000 BTU Reverse Cycle. Split unit with separate compressor and fan unit. Controlled by SMX II control in aft cabin.
- Freshwater system three tanks, stainless steel. Port and starboard under salon sole 40 gallons each. Aft tank under aft berth 134 gallons. Primary and backup Shurflo electric pumps, Groucho accumulator pressure tank. 10 gallon water heater 110V/engine heating.
- Two 50 gallon diesel tanks, stainless steel, under salon sole. Electric diesel fuel priming pump or can be used for fuel polishing.
- Tank Tender fuel and water tank vacuum gauge.
- Dual Racor engine fuel filters for easy filter changes while underway. Separate Racor filter and 12V pump for genset.
- Feathering Autoprop and spare three blade fixed prop.
- Whale manual bilge pump at Nav station.
- Greco oil change pump
- Engine compartment blower.
- Dripless stuffing box.
- Stainless steel emergency steering tiller.
- 2x 8D AGM house, 1x 4D AGM house/windlass under forward berth
- 1x 8D AGM house under starboard settee 2017
- 1x 4D lead acid engine start under port settee
- 1x Generator battery under starboard settee (removed for winter storage)
- All batteries secured in spill proof fiberglass boxes.
- Summer 2019 New Magnum Inverter/Charger with digital control panel.
- Xantrex Link10 Battery Monitor
- Balmar 165A alternator with smart regulator.
- Hitachi 80A alternator
- Panda Mini 8kw generator with sound enclosure, 360 hours
Electronics & Navigation
- Fall 2017 New Raymarine GPS Receiver
- Raymarine RC530+ Radar/Chartplotter
- Raymarine ST6001+ Autopilot with hydraulic drive unit.
- Raymarine ST600R Autopilot Remote (Wired)
- Raymarine ST60 Multi
- Standard Horizon Remote Mic for VHF
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine ST60 Speed
- Nav Station
- Raymarine RL80C Radar
- ICOM M802 SSB with AT140 Tuner and Pactor Modem with USB connection
- Standard Horizon Spectrum+ VHF with mast mounted hailer/fog horn.
Being a center cockpit design the Hylas 46 has a great amount of space both forward and aft of the cockpit. Starting aft there are two large waist lazarettes plus another locker under the transom steps. Propane is accessible in its own compartment on the starboard deck. The cockpit coaming is fitted with two small lockers for miscellaneous gear. On the bow there is a split anchor locker with port and starboard anchor rodes and a large space for fenders and docklines to be stowed. There is also a sea-water wash down in the anchor locker.
- Custom winter cover (Northshore Canvas)
- Fall 2018 New bimini and dodger. Side panels are in as new condition.
- Transom pulpit fold down stainless and teak seats. (Stored off the boat.)
- Kato stainless davits
- Four dorade vents
- Manship deck hatches
- Teak and stainless boarding ladder
- Forward and aft varnished teak grab rails
- Aluminum toe rail
- Teak and stainless rubrail
- Maxwell windlass with foot pedals and helm controls
- Lewmar Delta anchor with all chain rode
- Backup anchor rode chain/line.
- Twin anchor rollers
- Twin anchor line pipes with covers
- Anchor locker with separate partitions for two anchor rodes, and storage.
- Propane locker with two bottles and regulator
- Hot/Cold freshwater shower on transom
- 2004 AB RIB Dinghy and 15HP Mercury Outboard included with purchase of Adventure. *Not currently aboard, stored offsite for winter.
Sails & Rigging
The Hylas 46 is an excellent sailing yacht. Her German Frers hull design, powerful Selden rig, and cutter sail plan merge to produce a fast and capable yacht in almost any condition.
- Doyle Sails in-mast furling mainsail, genoa and staysail.
- Selden electric mainsail in-mast furler.
- Furlex 400S Genoa and Furlex 300S Staysail with furling lines led aft to clutches.
- Inboard adjustable staysail tracks (added option)
- Adjustable genoa track.
- Selden aluminum mast, two spreader, deck light, steaming light and tricolor.
- Mast boot renewed - 2019
- Selden Rodkicker adjustable vang
- Mast head spinnaker halyard.
- Adjustable running backstays.
- (2) Antal W44 stainless winches on mast
- (2) Antal W48 secondary winches
- (2) Antal W60 primary winches, electric two speed
- Antal W44 cabin top winch
- Antal W44 mainsheet winch
- Harken traveler
The following items do not convey with the sale of Adventure.
- Duck watercolor in main salon.
- All carpets.
- Barometer and clock by nav station.
- All loose contents of deck lockers, and interior cabinets and drawers, except items original to the boat (emergency tiller, fixed blade spare prop, blue fenders, 45lb Danforth anchor). *Note, Danforth anchor is not currently on the boat.